The Ranger Class in Portal Knights handles his speedy Bow to defeat enemies from afar. Using Bombs the Ranger can put the pressure on enemies and blocks alike. The Ranger uses Agility as his main Attribute, which provides increased Movement Speed and Ranged Damage.
This class is a great range damage class, however, it does not handle powerful blows from strong mobs very well (unless high level armour is equipped).
Upon reaching the required level, the Ranger may select one talent from the available set.
- Bow Specialization - Increases damage dealt with Bows by 25%.
- Crossbow Specialization - Increases damage dealt with Crossbows by 25%.
- Sling Specialization - Increases damage dealt with Slingshots by 25%.
- Sentry Stance - Increases damage dealt by 25% if you haven't moved in the last 5 seconds.
- Fading - When brought to low Health, your Dodge Chance is increased by 50% for 10 seconds. May only occur every 90 seconds.
- Dodge Chance - Adds a 10% Chance that attacks against you miss.
- Evasive Maneuver - Upon receiving damage, your Movement Speed is increased by 30% for 2 seconds.
- Potion Mastery - Reduces the Cooldown of Potions by 25%.
- Orb Thief - Adds 10% chance that your Ranged Damage spawns a Health Orb at your position.
- Dodger - After performing an evade roll, your Dodge chance is increased by 20% for 2 seconds.
- Unstable - Increases damage dealt with Bombs by 50%.
- Sharp Shooter - Increases your damage by 20% if no enemy is within 10 meters. The character's right eye glows red for 1 second if this talent becomes active.
- Cheat Death - Damage that would kill you is prevented. May only occur every 90 seconds. A red skull being cut above the character's head indicates that this talent has triggered.
- In the Face of Evil - Damage increased by 5% for every enemy within 10 meters.
- Combo Swing - Adds 10% Multi Strike Chance to deal damage twice.
- Exploit Weakness - Increases Ranged Damage by 15% for 3 seconds when dealing a Critical Strike.
- Survival Instincts - Upon receiving healing you also heal 10% of your maximum Health Points over the next 3 seconds.